If you're feeling a bit tired from your work, your relationship, your busy schedule and want to relax and take it easy, this is the perfect recipe for you. It's easy since you just throw in all the ingredients you need and wait for it to cook until it's nice and bubbly.
- 6 oz. whole grain egg noodles
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. (1 can) sliced mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1 2/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cups chicken tenderloin, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 1/2 – 3 qt. baking dish.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil over low heat in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Blend in flour and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly add chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas and cheese. Add noodles.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle extra cheese over top, if desired. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.