Milk Mysore Pak is a famous sweet delicacy of India made from milk, flour, sugar, and ghee. It is a yellowish bar of soft, sometimes porous texture that is a perfect treat for snack or dessert after lunch or dinner. Traditionally, it is made of chick pea or besan flour making the resulting treats to be porous in texture. However, in this recipe, it does not have any pores because the chick pea flour is replaced by milk powder, but is equally as delicious and mouth-watering. This dessert may take different variations depending on your desired consistency, degree of sweetness, and shapes. Because when still hot it take any form that you like, you may transfer it to a square platter, or shallow bowl, or any form of shape mold to take other shapes and sizes.
This delicious gourmet food may also be made with variations depending on your desired consistency and degree of sweetness. You may also garnish it with chopped nuts or sprinkle with other sweets to add more color and boost its usual flavor. This melt-in-the-mouth decadence is surely a hit!
100gms Milk Powder
100gms white Sugar
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp all purpose flour
100gms clarified butter or Ghee
¼ teaspoon Salt.
1. In a saucepot, combine sugar and water and bring to boil.
2. Under low heat, stir continuously and let it simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until the desired consistency of thin syrup. Turn off heat and let it cool.
3. In a separate bowl, fold in all-purpose flour, salt, milk powder, and clarified butter or ghee. Stir until the batter becomes smooth and with no lumps.
4. Transfer the milk mixture to the sugar syrup and let it cook for 3-4 minutes under medium to low heat. Stir often until it blends well while the mixture turns bubbly.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of clarified butter and stir briskly as it thickens. Allow it to cook until the butter turns solid into a single lump and leaves the sides of the pot.
6. Pour it into a greased platter and allow it to cool completely to hold form, or press to make it even.
7. Once cooled, cut it to your desired shape and serve immediately. You can also store it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.